A request for funding

Current donations for running the site ran out a long time ago. May I request people consider contributing to help keep us going? You can donate via Paypal using the link on the welcome banner. Due to my inability to support the site from my own pocket our server will be disconnected in the next week.

All help most appreciated.

1 Like

Andrew,

I am happy to chip in, but I do not see a link or a welcome banner. If I just know the Paypal address, I can help.

You should see this when you access the page:

Andrew

If you cant see that Welcome banner, this is the direct link:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?token=3t0arLKDWt9sdhcVZARVdCzDQB1CG-YO8EKQrt0V1bUZ2C09QzWR-8CzB1Mks-nDGNlXYmG-QGYfSpor

Andrew

1 Like

Donation sent. Thanks for the hard work!

Donation sent. Thanks Andrew.

Dom

Have donated. Great work.

David Law

Thanks Andrew- Clicking on the red “Welcome” banner took me on to the donation link. Actually, the direct paypal link you sent us on later didn’t work for me.

With the favorable conversion of US dollars to AUS dollars, a donation is a real bargain!

1 Like

Donation sent. This forum is a very valuable resource!

The link you posted did not work for me (said “No such page” or something like that). I discovered eventually that if I expand the welcome banner by clicking the down arrow, the donation link becomes visible. Andrew, you might want to fix the welcome screen so the donation option is more visible!

What Ed Smith said - very efficient for Americans to donate now.

The link Andrew provided was not working for me too. For who didn’t succeed in donating, please check this link, should be fine.

https://www.paypal.com/donate?token=0bdm2tw9Oja55FjqDUmrsNGzBAt0hJY-IxT5yaOlLKh3PhIxc1vSO5CZ1yDc26KF6uObrcBqmj5c2Egy

Dom.

That worked! Thanks,Domenico!

Sorry that direct link was meant to be a private message, and it was wrong anyway!

Please use the link on the Donate section in the Welcome Banner.

Andrew,

I have two problems: I have abrogated PayPal, as they automatically billed me in Germany monthly, without permission, and they gave me a hell of time to get my money back.
Is there another way?

I had once donated but never received a response, so I do not know whether it even went through.

I’ll be happy to help, but I still guess as to what may be needed. Any help on that? Otherwise you simply have to take what I might guess.

Wolfgang

| admin Andrew Bernard
February 2 |

• | - |

If you cant see that Welcome banner, this is the direct link:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?token=3t0arLKDWt9sdhcVZARVdCzDQB1CG-YO8EKQrt0V1bUZ2C09QzWR-8CzB1Mks-nDGNlXYmG-QGYfSpor

Andrew

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

| KeithWomer
February 2 |

• | - |

Andrew, I am happy to chip in, but I do not see a link or a welcome banner. If I just know the Paypal address, I can help.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Wolfgang G. Knauss
Theodore von Karman Professor of
Aeronautics and Applied Mechanics, emeritus
California Institute of Technology
Pasadena CA 91001

626 395 4524 Phone — Office
626 798 3793 Phone — Home
626 797 0405 Fax — Home

If you can’t see the Welcome Banner, log out. It will be displayed, but also it will be displayed if you log in again. If a user has selected Close at some point. it does not show again until a new login.

If you can’t see it at all no matter what, PM me.

I am well aware that some people do not like PayPal and refuse it for various reasons. However, PayPal is the only viable means of accepting donations for The Jackrail. I looked into this extensively when we set up. Because there is no way we can make The Jackrail a globally recognized legal not-for-profit organization, and so we are not incorporated, most payment systems such as Stripe are off the table. The only choice is PayPal. Unless anybody knows of newer alternatives. (Patreon is not the right platform, by the way.)

You don’t have to have a PayPal account to donate, and you can use the PayPal donate link to pay by credit card instead of using a PayPal account.

As to not receiving notification of previous payment, PayPal always sends a transaction receipt without fail, so if you got no receipt no transaction succeeded. I am very certain of that.

Ah, sorry, but I finally got around to ponying up some money for a wonderful cause and the link failed. Help and thank you for Jackrail. Just great.

@SandyH Yes that link was in error, and worse, it was meant to be a private message, but I made a mistake. Sorry!

Please use the Welcome Banner Donate button.