End-of-year harpsichord quiz

You are all invited to take part in my end-of-year Harpsichord Quiz! 20 questions, some easy, some not . . . It’s just for fun, so there are no prizes and it is 100% anonymous. Please do share it with any harpsichord friends not on this list, and please don’t discuss the answers in the comments below. Good luck! https://forms.gle/KS8CU3A3rqnNNLfe6

2 Likes

Great idea! Thanx for end-of-year fun!
Ðale

1 Like

Lovely indeed! But let me object to at least one question where the answer is not that straightforward. In the question about Bach Goldberg Variations and his own copy discovered a few decades ago, not one but actually two of the answers are correct.

Thanks, Claudio. Perhaps you could tell us the two correct answers in a few days, when everyone has had a chance to try their hand. I am prepared to be corrected!

And I have already been corrected about the organ being discussed in 1727. Although there was a book written about that organ, it is now considered that the author’s point was not about equal temperament. I’m not sure why the source I consulted said otherwise, but I will find out when I next speak to Pieter van Dijk.

Things are never as straightforward as they seem!

1 Like