Jurow competition streams

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Jurow competition got started today in Montreal (1500+ strings tuned by me so far…!) Both the semifinal (Thursday July 4) and final (Saturday July 6) rounds will be livestreamed, so I hope you all can enjoy a whole lot of great harpsichord playing! 10th JUROW INTERNATIONAL HARPSICHORD COMPETITION - Clavecin en concert has all the links to the streams.

2 Likes

Congratulations on all that tuning, Jon!

The final round is today and the order of the livestream is:

15h à 18h | 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm (Eastern Time)

https://vimeo.com/event/4411093

15 h 00 Sion Yoon

16 h 00 Olga Davnis

17 h 00 Suren Barry

19h30 à 21h30 | 7:30 pm to 9:30pm (Eastern Time )

https://vimeo.com/event/4411099

19 h 30 Joel Keller

Will the jury’s decision be streamed later tonight?

Sorry for being so ignorant, but I could not figure out from the program and the timing what the cembalo/violin piece was. Can you tell me? WGK

Two players played the J.S. Bach Sonata in B Minor for violin and harpsichord, BWV 1014, and two others played the J.S. Bach Sonata in A Major for violin and harpsichord, BWV 1015.

1 Like

Nice to see these are actually available in 1080p and halfway decent sound. Refreshing.

1 Like

Who are May and Irving Jurow?

3rd prize Sion Yoon

2nd prize Suren Barry

1st prize (shared) Olga Davnis and Joel Keller

1 Like

Thank you, Dongsok. WGK

1 Like

Thank you, Douglas.

1 Like

From what I can find on the internet, it appears that Mae and Irvin H. Jurow were major philanthropists. He died on April 10, 1998 and, as she was born in 1908, she is presumably also deceased. It is not clear to me how they earned their money, but they made many charitable contributions.

There is also nothing that I could find about the Jurows on the HKSNA website: I do think it would be nice for them to give some background information and a photo of them.

David

How did you get this information? Were you there in Montreal?
I watched the entire streaming, but there were no announcements, and neither the website nor the program contained any information beyond the semifinalists.

The semifinals and finals have been streamed on Vimeo: JUROW 2024 FINALS, 06-07-2024, 15h à 18h | 3 pm to 6 pm (Eastern Time)