New edition of Michel Corrette's harpsichord works

I have uploaded to IMSLP.org a new edition of Michel Corrette’s Premier Livre de Pièces pour le ‎Clavecin. Link is here. When I began this project, there was no complete version of Corrette’s ‎harpsichord works on IMSLP. Recently P. Gouin (Les Editions Outremontaises) has added one, so people now have a choice. Mine ‎reproduces the appearance of the original more closely (shape of ornament signs, placement of notes on ‎staves, etc.).‎ Any corrections or comments are welcome.

1 Like

Lovely edition. Most important :relaxed:, what is the font on the title page?
Don

Le 19/08/2020 18:03, donwp via The Jackrail écrit :

Lovely edition. Most important, what is the font on the title page?

Cormorant Garamond (see p. xiii).

Thank you, David, for your generosity in making this volume free to download! It is, moreover, nicely presented and the accompanying apparatus is very useful.

David

1 Like

David,

This is beautifully done: the scholarship as well as the execution.

Thank you for your generosity in offering this for free.

I will enjoy learning these harpsichord works. His organ concertos are excellent.

Thank you for the kind words, everyone. It is my intention that these pieces be freely available, in the spirit of IMSLP; the PDF can be printed or performed from a large tablet. However, if anyone does prefer the convenience of a bound volume, one can be purchased here. Enjoy!

IMSLP has placed it under “copyright review” and it cannot be downloaded.

This afternoon I uploaded a revised version to correct a couple of typos and improve one paragraph. “Copyright review” is normal for new or updated files. Check back in 12-24 hours.

Very beautifully executed David, speaking with my music engraver’s hat on. Bravo! Lilypond perchance?

Le 24/08/2020 04:55, Andrew Bernard via The Jackrail écrit :

Very beautifully executed David, speaking with my music engraver’s hat on. Bravo! Lilypond perchance?

MuseScore 3.0 - see p.xiii.