Baroque Keyboard Fingering Method - 8th edition

Dear Friends,

Ever since the 5th edition of 2008 of our “Baroque Keyboard Fingering: A Method”
(actually the first edition available online as an eBook) work has been ongoing in subtle but significant improvements.

Continuing with our 4-year revision cycle, we have just launched the 8th revised edition, with the following improvements:

• With two historical examples added, the book now contains 176 fingered examples.
  • The original 18 handwritten examples (a remnant from the first editions) have now been replaced, one by a facsimile, the other 17 by print-quality

musical score.

• A few sources (both ancient and modern) have been added to the literature cited.
  • Several clarifications have been added throughout the book.

All the paragraphs and figures that have been either changed or added (with respect to the previous edition) are shown by a vertical bar on the left

margin.

As always, please find plenty on information in the suitably-updated book’s website:
http://finger.braybaroque.ie/

Best Regards,

Claudio Di Veroli
Bray Baroque

PS: Please note that this post is also being sent to the PIPORG-L and HPSCHD-L lists.
I will also include a similar announcement in my Facebook page.

1 Like

Hi Claudio,

Thanks for this - I have just downloaded the baroque fingering and baroque harpsichord technique books - these seem really useful. I am an amateur player trying to teach myself. I have been playing pretty much exclusively English virginal music recently, and trying to get to grips with the appropriate fingering. It feels like a good approach is to concentrate on the oldest period and gradually work forward. I have just bought a nice clavichord to complement my spinet and look forward to trying out some of the techniques described in your books.

Best wishes,

Chris

2 Likes

That method, and its companion book, look interesting. I have a method book already, but I can’t see it being problematic in having two.

I’ll purchase the download for both books at the end of the month.