Cleartune

My question should be more appropriate to a software forum, please forgive.

Cleartune on iphone, I try to set the A pitch to 415 but no matter what I do, it reverts to the default A440. All other parameters are retained but not the A pitch (temperament, base note, transposition…).

Maybe anybody eho uses cleartune has a suggestion?

Thanks in advance.
Dom

PitchLab was abandoned by the maker, but also I believe Cleartune is on its last legs and no longer receives updates.

Ignore my message about Cleartune that escaped before I could catch it. It was PitchLab I was thinking of. Apologies.

I use Pitchlab Pro. It is still available, but only through the Amazon store, so you have to download the Amazon Store app first. Then if you search for Pitchlab Pro, it can be downloaded, and costs very little. It has many preloaded temperaments. A very useful app.
Evan Philippos

Le 02/09/2023 12:05, Domenico Statuto via The Jackrail écrit :

[domenico.statuto] domenico.statuto
https://jackrail.space/u/domenico.statuto Domenico Statuto
September 2

My question should be more appropriate to a software forum, please
forgive.

Cleartune on iphone, I try to set the A pitch to 415 but no matter
what I do, it reverts to the default A440. All other parameters are
retained but not the A pitch (temperament, base note, transposition…).

I rarely use Cleartune, but have no problem setting the pitch (on an
Android phone).

Le 02/09/2023 12:53, Evan der Millner via The Jackrail écrit :

I use Pitchlab Pro. It is still available, but only through the Amazon
store, so you have to download the Amazon Store app first. Then if you
search for Pitchlab Pro, it can be downloaded, and costs very little.
It has many preloaded temperaments. A very useful app.
Evan Philippos

T’is (or t’was) actually available for nothing.

PitchLab used to be commercial. Abandoned by the maker due to infringement of a patent held by Peterson for strobe tuning technology. Current version while it may be possible to download is completely unsupported. Nice tuner app, but.

This is easy but the software is a little stupid also.

When you set your pitch, press the “Done” button on the KEYBOARD lower right hand corner. Then press the “Done” button on the upper right corner.

If you press the “Done” on upper right first, the new pitch won’t “take”.

Good luck!

The fate of Pitchlab was discussed at length in HPSCHD-L.

Cleartune on iphone, I try to set the A pitch to 415 but no matter what I do, it reverts to the default A440. All other parameters are retained but not the A pitch (temperament, base note, transposition…).

I have Cleartune on my android mobile telephone. It keeps to the default setting of A415 and also to the default temperament of Rameau (F). I try not to use it but sometimes when in a hurry. . .

I usually tune my harpsichord to modified 1/5 comma meantone, like the Jacobikerk in Hamburg, viz
F-C-G-D-A-E-B-F# narrow by 1/5 comma;
F#-C#-G#, and F-Bflat pure;
Aflat/G#-Eflat wide by 1/5 comma

When in a hurry I tune F-C-G-D-A-E-B-F# using Cleartune Rameau, hoping that this is equivelent to 1/5 comma meantone (it sounds right to me), and continue by ear.

But I am puzzled that the Cleartune dial shows Aflat rather than G#

I would welcome any advice or comments.

• David Bedlow

Hey everyone! Domenico asked a specific question about CLEARTUNE. I answered his question. Everyone else started talking about PITCHLAB or temperaments. And no one else answered Domenico’s question. It would be great if people could stay on topic!

Ok now back to the regularly scheduled program…

Concerning pitch names. Most keyboard players and software designers don’t understand that G# and Ab are different notes. So they don’t appreciate the idea that having the correct note name might be a helpful and useful nuance to their apps.

Le 02/09/2023 13:09, Andrew Bernard via The Jackrail écrit :

Current version while it may be possible to download is completely
unsupported. Nice tuner app, but.

What kind of support do you need? It’s been working fine for years now.

Just checked it to be sure. At my andoid phone Cleartone setting of pitch and temperament work as they are supposed to.

I had a brain fade and thought he was referring to PitchLab. I posted some messages. Then I realised. I consequently send out an apology. Sorry!

The support you may need is it may stop working with OS upgrades. For example, DA Tuner for Android no longer works on latest Android. A pity. That sort of happening is what I am referring to.

I’m closing the topic as it is running all over the place as Dongsok pointed out. It’s my fault for stupidly referring to PitchLab by mistake.

Not as stupid as me. :blush:
That worked, thanks a lot.

Dom