Modern soundboard decoration

Many years ago I saw on the Internet a picture of a (part of) soundboard. It was painted probably with the traditional egg tempera and with the usual colours, but they weren’t the usual flowers. Instead, the painter painted squares and rectangles, a bit in the style of Mondrian but without the black borders and with the traditional colours. The effect was stunning, as it immediately recalled the usual flowers to the connoisseur, but in a fresh and new manner.
As I usually don’t like the so-called “modern” decorations and “modern” legs, that was a true beauty. However I saved it on my computer but then I have lost it in a crash without backup. I don’t remember the website, the harpsichord maker, the painter, the owner, nothing else. So I have very little hope any of you can help me to find it, but still, if my spare description makes something wake in your memory, please tell me.

1 Like

I have a hunch it would be a Von Nagel. He’s into modernist decoration. This is not the soundboard, but he does instruments like this:

1 Like